Friday, May 2, 2014

Break the rules

Tank: target // Shorts: J. Crew // Hat: Nordstrom // Sunglasses: Kate Spade // Belt: J. Crew, similar here // Shoes: Kate Spade // Bag: Louis Vuitton // Necklace: Kate Spade // Necklace: Etsy
Photography: Lauren Frisch

I remember one of the very first tidbits of fashion advice I got was "You can't wear white with white" & of course, "You can't wear black and brown together!" How many of us have had this drilled into our brains and every time we see a black and brown ensemble we cringe? As ashamed as I am to say it, it wasn't until a few years ago that I finally threw my hands up in the air and said "screw it, I'm doin' it". And I have yet to look back. 

Anyone that knows me knows that I talk a big game about breaking rules but when the time comes to really say "screw it" and break the rules, I crumble and just can't get myself to do it. Unless it's circa 2004 and I feel the need to get a fake ID in order for my girlfriends and I to enjoy some Mike's Hard Lemonade on a November night. (Word to wise; don't do that. Especially if you live in Overland Park were police have nothing better to do then look for "hoodlums" like moi.) And, let's not even get STARTED on living with my boyfriend before we were even engaged. Sheesh, I'm still hearing about that one! (word to the wise; DO THIS! It makes married life so much easier!)

Now, go out and break the rules, wear white with white, Pink with red, go break a curfew and stay out 20 minutes later than you should. Play hooky for a day and get a little too tipsy on a patio. We all deserve to break the rules, every once in a while.

{Amy}

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more. I feel the same way about mixing patterns. Whateva whateva I do what I want.

    ReplyDelete