Thursday, May 15, 2014

Facing our fears

Clockwise from top left: Target // Anthropologie // Asos, similar here// Asos // Clover Canyon // Betsy Johnson // J. Crew // O'Neill // Tory Burch

Shop the post: 


A few weeks ago, I had to come to terms with something all of us have had to deal with...I do not have the same 17-year-old volleyball body that I once had. Yes, I have always been fit and in shape but I don't look the same in a 2 piece like I once did. Not only that but my "pool days" are different then when I was 17. I am no longer lounging poolside, with my only obligations being to turn every 30 minutes, make sure my oil is applied evenly, and to make sure my shades are on point.  No, no. If I am not running around chasing my 2 year-old or 5 year-old niece, then I am most likely sitting in a pool drinking the day away. Neither one of these activities calls for a 2 piece.

The last one-piece I owned was the one I had to wear to swim class in High School (I later wore it for fraternity float trips as a joke, it was that bad). So the idea of looking at one-pieces made me want to jump off the nearest cliff. (thankfully, KCMO has no cliffs, whatsoever.)You can imagine then how I felt trying to find the perfect one-piece. Something that doesn't scream "look at me! I've let myself go!"

I am here to tell you, cute one-piece suits are out there! You CAN wear them and still feel good, and better yet, some of the cutest ones are the cheapest ones!

{Amy}

No comments:

Post a Comment