Monday, May 5, 2014

my Favorite Go-to's


 








Let's face it; Kansas City is far from the fashion capital of the world. Although we have some of the most fabulous restaurants the country has to offer (seriously, though, we do. Like, it's a known fact.), and have the first every outdoor 'shopping mall' in the country (The Country Club Plaza), we are always months behind current market trends. It seems as if all the boutiques in town carry the same lines and the same items that we see every where else. Then, you'll stumble upon a store that is totally different only to turn the price tag over and have to walk out with your head bowed.

While I wait for the current trends to make their way to the heartland, I always hit up these websites for current, of-the-moment trends, with a price tag any of us could get behind...

Asos- born in the UK, Asos just started shipping internationally a few years ago. they have the perfect mix of designer duds and inexpensive, yet fashionable clothing. The lower price points tend to sell out pretty quickly but they are real quick to reorder an item if it is a top seller.

Topshop- Topshop is gaining more recognition since they opened a few stores throughout the country in the last few years as well as struck an incredible agreement with Nordstrom to have little 'pop-up' shops in select stores. Prices aren't forever21 cheap, but the quality is incomparable and the styles are of the moment.

modcloth- although this site tends to take on more of a "vintage hipster" feel, I can sometimes find a really great pair of shoes for super cheap, or a few tops. A great place to keep in mind if you are really digging the periodical trends.

evesapple- based in Baton Rouge, LA, this site was actually an account I worked with when I was an Sales Executive. Their store is BREATHTAKING and they have just about every designer you could imagine. I'm not sure if people don't know about the website but you can't compete with their sales. I'm sorry, 70% off?? Yes, their sales are that good.

nastygal- GAWD, I hate this name! Who on earth would name an amazing website...nastygal? Don't try to pull this site up at work because it's going to be blocked! However, when you get the chance to check out their site, it's awesome. Such amazing trend-setting pieces for next to NOTHING. As long as you can get past the name, I know you'll be a believer.

jane.com & groopdealz.com- Ok, a work friend recommended these sites to me and I hate her for it. It's like groupon but for working women, or mom's. They have new things every day, but they actually sell out of items every day. A great site if you need baby gifts, or a $13.99 monogrammed swimsuit. Seriously, it's that great.

Milk and Honey boutique- It should come as no surprise that this site is always at the top of my list. This was the store I worked for before moving back in KC and it still feels like home to me every time I walk into that place. Brittany York started the online store a year ago and it just makes me want to jump in my car and drive to Dallas just to shop. You will never be disappointed with what you find on their site!

{Amy}


No comments:

Post a Comment