Friday, March 14, 2014

Takes Me Back

 
 
Sweatshirt: Love Nail Tree // Clutch: Kate Spade pencil case // Dress: Tibi // Belt: Nordstrom, similar here // Necklace: old, similar here // Shoes: Milk & Honey Boutique

Photography by Lauren Frisch


I remember the black tank top with a sequined red rose I was wearing the day the twin towers came down, and sitting in Art class just frozen in time. I remember I had just gotten it from Express the night before and debated sleeping in it just because I was that anxious to wear it. I remember the old navy denim skirt and white v-neck J.Crew tee I was wearing on a cool, crisp, late Spring day. The day my life as I knew it came to a crippling halt, the day my parents told us of an inevitable divorce. I remember the Diane Von Furstenberg dress I was wearing the night Scott proposed. Whenever I wear that dress I still feel like something magical might happen. And, I remember the scent of Stanley Korshak and the taste of coffee the day I found my wedding dress. Most recently I remember the dusty pink top from Kate Spade I was wearing the day of the doctors appointment. I still cannot get myself to wear it, no matter how beautiful it might be. 

I remember this Tibi dress and how I coveted it for months as I wanted it for my rehearsal dinner. I also remember hearing Edward Sharpe's song 'Home' the month I had gotten engaged and it engulfed me. It was at work, Milk & Honey Boutique, that I heard it and it just so happens that this sweatshirt was given to me by the owner. Even when I hear it today, it takes me back to happier times with the warm Texas Spring air with the hopes I had for my future with Scott and our family. 

Fashion has always been my escape. I can disappear into my own world for a moment in time. So, the next time you see Dixie shopping in baggy boyfriend jeans, a baseball cap and no makeup on; please excuse me. It's therapy hour. 

Find your escape, find your therapy.

{Amy}


No comments:

Post a Comment