Monday, March 10, 2014

CREATE

 
Clutch: Kate Spade // Jeans: Citizen of Humanity// Shoes: Hinge // Jacket: W118 by Walter Baker // Shirt: J. Crew, similar here// Sweater: madewell, similar here// Necklace: Kate Spade

Lauren Frisch Photography

We were put on this earth to create. We were shaped and formed and essentially made by the grace of god to have specific skills and to go out into this world and create something beautiful. At the young age of 26, I've been lucky enough to call some of the most talented people, my friends. Some are talented in the way they listen, the way they give, the way they cook, the way they love, and some, in the case of Lauren Frisch, the way they create beautiful images.

I've never been one to buy expensive art or ever even care about that sort of art (sorry art majors). But photographs, sign me up. Not only do I enjoy taking photographs (I actually considered minoring in it) but I have albums upon albums of family photos and signed copies of Anne Leibovitz books. I guess you could say it runs in my family to cherish pictures, my dad was a photographer his whole life and still takes some of the most breathtaking landscape photos. I don't care who the photo is of, if the composition is right and the photo speaks to me, it's going up on my walls.

I met Lauren through my Husband's good friend, Kyle, as Lauren was Kyle's girlfriend. Now, I have the pleasure to say that I cannot WAIT to see them get married in July. Lauren reached out to me and after talking about what we dreamed we wanted to come from my blog and what she would love to start doing, we decided to get together and take a few photos. When I say Lauren is talented, it's an understatement. I truly believe she is one of the best wedding photographers out there and her eye for natural lighting and candid shots is untouchable.

Thank you, Lauren, for helping me see that 'Impatient Dixie' could become something I'd dreamed of.

And now I challenge you. What do YOU create? What's your skill set? If you're to scared to go out and find it, then you will never know who you might have touched, what you have seen, or how different you're life could have been. If I hadn't followed my path and created something for me then I would have never found my 'Never Ending Love Story' (see clutch). 

{Amy}

No comments:

Post a Comment