Sunday, June 8, 2014

You are my Bucket list


It seems as if the older I get the more my bucket list changes. And maybe ‘bucket list’ is the wrong name for such a list but they are, in fact, things I want to do before I die, the order at which I want to achieve them is what changes. Since meeting Scott 11 years ago, he has helped me cross off 2 of the biggest to do’s…fall in love, and get married. I will own my truth, however, and tell you my #1 has never, ever changed since I was 10. #jackdawsonforever...



  • Meet Leonardo Dicaprio
  • Become a mom
  • Change someone's life for the better
  • Make Leonardo Dicaprio fall in love with me

  • I can’t remember one person who ever said following your dreams, or achieving your goals, would be easy. Actually, I vividly remember people telling me it was damn near impossible. But, if we all gave up when we were too scared, too defeated, too tired, too overworked, or just too confused then think of what our lives would look like? If I would have given up last February when a doctor told me it would be "a challenge" then I never would have experienced a life changing miscarriage, Impatient Dixie never would have happened, and I wouldn't treasure certain friendships like I do today. But more importantly, If I would have never tried again I wouldn't be able to make this post, today. 

    I don't know much about anything but there are things I know of for sure; Life isn't easy. Life isn't fair. God tests our strength every day. There are some things in our life that we go through and it will never make sense. But, I also know that this life is worth the struggles. God gives you things in his timing. And finally, personally, I know I was put on this earth to be a mother. I have never been more sure about anything in my life besides the fact that being a mother is my destiny.

    So, with that, I present to you (with the help of Scott, of course) Baby Morris. Due to arrive December 6th, 2014.

    And before I lose any followers: I PROMISE YOU THIS...no bump selfies, no belly shots, no ultrasound pictures, no delivery room posts, and for the next 6 months this will NOT be a pregnancy blog. Some things in life, we just need to keep to ourselves.

    (And let it be known, I'm still holding out for #1...a girls got to at least dream, right?)

    {Amy}

    No comments:

    Post a Comment