Friday, June 6, 2014

Summer Glow

All above products from Beauty Counter

Let's face it, I have always struggled with my skin. I've spent countless dollars on cremes, lotions, dermatologist appointments, doctors, everything under the sun just to make a few blemishes go away. While playing competitive sports all throughout high school, I majorly struggled with "sports induced acne"...I'm sorry but W.T.F? Let it be known, there is NOTHING a teenage girl loves more than acne on her spine or chest...really brings all the boys out! Acne in your teenage years is a part of growing up. The few people that don't suffer from it, and we all remember 'those' people, are the lucky few.

The older I get the more I realize that blemishes happen, they pop up from time to time and after years of thinking there's nothing I could do about it, I found this. Not only do I feel like it is a grown-ups version of ProActiv but, the story behind the company is what makes me a believer. Did you know; "The United States has not passed a federal law to regulate the ingredients used in personal care products since 1938?" I'm sorry, what? We care so much about the food we put into our bodies and that of our children and family but when it comes to what we put ON our bodies, we have dropped the ball. We do not care what it is, if it is harmful or not, we just do it and most of us pay an obscene amount of money for this.

Thank God for my fabulous cousin for introducing me to Beauty Counter and all the glory behind it. No, the prices are not drug store prices but they are FAR from department store prices. If you are still looking for that perfect skin (and hair!) care line that clears up your skin, I can't say enough good things about this company.  Take a chance,  you never know what might happen.

{Amy}

No comments:

Post a Comment