Friday, August 22, 2014

deal of the day

Dress top/skirt combo: SheInside // Dress: SheInside // Shift Dress: Dolce & Gabbana

I had a rush of nostalgia come back to me this past week. Knowing it was recruitment at The University of Missouri, knowing that in 18 years my little girl will (hopefully) be going through rush, I found myself thinking a lot about how terrible it was as a freshman to go through it but how sad it was as a senior to know it was the beginning of the end. 

Now, more than ever before, I am realizing just how fast life breezes by.  Maybe it's the fact that I'm staring motherhood square in the eyes, or maybe it's because I ran into my 6th grade softball coach last weekend, and it was as if not a single day had gone by. Whatever it is, life's moving fast and although a lot of excitment and joy are right around the corner for me, I'm allowed to be a little nervous for what's in store. 

However, I don't need to be nervous to finally "pull the trigger" on a dress I've been drooling over for 3 months now. (And no, I will not be purchasing the $5,000 D&G number. Something tells me if wouldn't have the same effect with baby throw up all down the front side.)

[Amy}

No comments:

Post a Comment