Saturday, April 26, 2014

THE jacket.

 Shorts: Levi // Clutch: Kate Spade // Bracelets: Trouve. By my beloved friend, Dee // Jacket: Kate Spade // Shoes: Converse // Hat: Target // Top: J. Crew
photography: Lauren Frisch

Normally, I wouldn't make two posts this close together but considering "THE JACKET" was just marked down 40%, I felt compelled to discuss it, yet again. I don’t think I have ever loved something so much in my closet like I do "The Dorothy Coat". Please, don't take what I say lightly when I say this jacket is everything. (And yes, that sounds like a typical sorority girl but hey, if the shoe fits…) Whenever I wear this jacket people will literally yell out their car windows asking me where I got it, and men stop me dead in my tracks to tell me how incredible this coat is.  I’ve actually had a little girl come up to me, starry-eyed, wanting to touch it.
We all know how incredibly talented Lauren Frisch is but trying to get the color right through the lens of a camera is damn near impossible. Think of the brightest Geranium flower you have ever seen (men, those are the really, REALLY, bright pink ones that you see in the summer time). I’ve always been certain that Pink, or any shade of pink, really, is a neutral color so make sure you tailor what I’m saying to your own style but, I really believe you can wear this coat with any color. I’ve worn it with a red silk blouse and blue jeans, a navy striped dress, even just white jeans with the jacket buttoned up, and obviously with cut-off shorts and converse.  
Yes, this is an expensive jacket. No, I never would have purchased it if I didn’t work for Kate Spade. However, with it being on-sale (and an extra 20% off this weekend online!) makes it more affordable, and I can safely say this is a piece of art that will be in your closet forever. It’s an investment piece.
{Amy}


No comments:

Post a Comment