Monday, April 14, 2014

Home Team

Boots: Steve madden. similar here // Dress: Zara. Similar here // Sunglasses: Ray-Ban // Necklace: Vintage. Similar here //Top: Milk & Honey Boutique. similar here.
Photography: Lauren Frisch

I often refer to some of my closest friends and family as 'My Team' and 'Home base'. Growing up, I always had this idea that the more friends you had, the more popular you were. More friends and popularity meant happiness, right? I would jump from one person to the next just hoping that this next 'group' would be 'My Team', not once ever realizing that I have to recruit My Team, I have to go out and find the best people for me. It wasn't until I faced adversity square in the eye that I realized something profound; I cannot be the only party to form my home base, they have to want me, just as much as I want them.

I've learned through hardships, that my home base might not be all family members, or even 'best' friends. Some of the people that I thought would be there for me in the hard times, weren't. But, you know what, that's what makes this life such a beautiful struggle. Every single soul out there has had to deal with something that has greatly hurt them. Some of us get healing through talking about it, while others find healing in solitude, and that's what makes this world so wonderful. We are all so very different, but perfect in our own ways.

Who is on your home team? Who is going to go to bat for you when you are too weak to swing?

{Amy}

No comments:

Post a Comment