Friday, July 25, 2014

Casual Saturday








Top: Rag & Bone // Shorts: SOLD denim, similar here // Shoes: Chanel, similar here // Bag: Rebecca Minkoff // Sunnies: Ray-Ban // Watch: Michele // Bracelets: David Yurman, Vintage, DIY // Hat: J. Crew

Photo Cred: The one and only, Ryland Devero.

2 weeks ago I traveled to a city that will forever have a piece of my heart; My beloved Chicago. This trip was different then the last 15 I've taken over the past 4 years. When Alcohol and partying isn't allowed on the agenda I was forced to, once again, keep it simple.

Thankfully for me, I stayed with one of the strongest friends I know, a girl I'm lucky enough to call "one of my people". Ryland is the type of genuine friend that when she says she wants you to succeed, she means it. Even if it isn't want I want to hear, she will give me advice and I am forced to step back and realize that what she is saying is right (most of the time...). She reminded me this weekend that girlfriends are what will always stay constant in your life. Sure, some might come and go. But without them, it is a lonely, dark road, that I never want to be on alone.

And by the way, for those of you that go to Chicago strictly to booze it up and shop...there's a lot more out there then just that! The lake is beautiful at any time of the day, my personal favorite is at sunset (obviously). Second City comedy club is the birthplace of Tina Fey and the talent there is just incredible. Finally, don't even get me started on the Oreo & Praline Flapjacks from The Bongo Room. Holy. Shit.

{Amy}

No comments:

Post a Comment