Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year, New Challenges

I for one am always guilty of starting a New Years resolution that I can never keep. I mean, no one joins a gym on January 1st and loses 15 pounds in 2 weeks…come on, Amy. Or, I find myself not making resolutions but instead making “new year wishes” and I find myself let down when they don’t come true, immediately.
So this year, 2014, I’m trying something new. I’m challenging myself. I’m challenging myself to smile at the people that make me frown. (It actually throws them for a loop when you smile when they least expect it.) I’m challenging myself to let hugs linger a few seconds longer. (Those few seconds are what sets apart a cordial hug and a loving hug.) And I’m challenging myself to truly be able to let go of the things I cannot control. This will be the hardest challenge of my life. I want to control everything, all the time. I get so mad and frustrated when something happens that I had no control over, and why should I? I didn’t do it.
So, challenge yourself in 2014. See where you might end up.
{Amy}

No comments:

Post a Comment