Sunday, January 5, 2014

Goodbye to 2013, Hello to new Beginnings

After months of putting it off, I’ve decided to jump head first into a blog that I have been thinking about for years. I’ve always wanted a place to share my thoughts, ideas, fashion, and just life adventures. If you know anything about me, you should know that my life is a bad Bravo reality show that holds no punches. My family is one white tent short of a full blown circus. I’m perfectly impatient in every way possible. I wake up anxious and fall asleep anxious. Surprises scare me almost as much as circus clowns and I actually take “neurotic” as a compliment . I find solace in fashion and look to the big man upstairs when I need peace. Alabama is where I call home and the simple sound of “Dixie” makes my soul smile.  So, take a seat, strap in, and enjoy the ride.Yes, I said I was starting a fashion blog but of course, my first post will be an adieu to 2013. In order for you to really understand my intentions of 2014, we have to recap this last year.
2013 was a roller coaster. My husband, Scott, and I started our year off with buying our new home in Kansas City.  After moving in the first week of February, it seemed like our lives were consumed with decorating, shoveling snow, fixing a few things, shoveling more snow, and well, shoveling more snow. In April we took our long awaited Honeymoon to the beautiful country of Croatia and it was something straight out of planes, trains, and automobiles. Anything that could go wrong; did. but being able to see a part of the world few ever will, is a memory we will never forget. 2 months after returning home from Croatia it seemed as if the dust was just starting to settle when Scott got an opportunity of a lifetime to move to Taiwan for 4 months and assist in building a nuclear power plant, I stayed back in KC. 4 months doesn’t seem like a long time, unless you’ve been dating your significant other for 10 years…we’ve never spent more than 1 month apart; saying I was terrified was an understatement. But, 2 months after he left we met for a BEAUTIFUL week vacation in the paradise islands of Hawaii. No matter where I go in this world Hawaii is still the most beautiful place on this earth.  After he returned on October 10th, we had both agreed that this overseas work was not going to work for us so Scott started on his job search as I, too, was searching for a new career path. Scott landed a job right away and he is thrilled in his new role. I accepted a position with a big company based here in Kansas but, of course, it wasn’t all smooth sailing. A day after I interviewed I found out that Scott and I were expecting our first child together. Within a 3 week time span, Scott got back from Taiwan after 4 months, we both changed jobs and we find out that we are expecting. Stressed and Anxious aren’t even words I would use to describe this. But the underlying emotion was sheer joy. We went through Thanksgiving and Christmas together and told all of our family members, everyone was so excited about the new addition that they even started to purchase for the new baby. It wasn’t until the day after Christmas that Scott and I got the heartbreaking news that our baby did not have a heartbeat. An emergency surgery had to take place the next day.
I am determined to take on 2014 with a full heart and the patience to know that everything happens for a reason, knowing very well that there will be good days and bad. I will feel all different emotions but they are my emotions. In 12 short months Scott and I bought a house, moved into a house, traveled to Europe, Spent 4 months apart, traveled to Hawaii, changed jobs twice, had the joys of becoming parents, and finally, feeling the pain of losing a child.  But, with every heartbreak there is a rainbow somewhere to be found. I will welcome 2014 the same way I welcomed 2013, hand-in-hand with Scott and a full heart of hope.
{Amy}

No comments:

Post a Comment